Skip to main content

About Hotel St. Pierre

Explore New Orleans From Our Historic French Quarter Hotel

The grounds and buildings of the historic Hotel St. Pierre have as colorful a history as New Orleans itself. A home for a French apothecary, the first jazz museum in the world and, finally, a hotel, the property has known many faces. Originally the Crossbeam Hotel, the building opened its doors to the New Orleans public in 1969. The great Jazz musician Louis Armstrong stayed at the hotel himself and even Southern writer Tennessee Williams was known to frequent the property as well. He was often seen lounging by the pools or just sitting quietly in the courtyards. Our historic hotel has a long tradition of offering its guests a refuge with the less hurried pace of yesteryear New Orleans. 

Gabriel Peyroux House

In 1781, the Peyroux Building was erected for Gabriel Peyroux de la Roche Molive, a native of France. The building originally stood on the family plantation on Bayou Road. Only a few years after their move, Gabriel commissioned a new house to be built. It was typical French Creole fare, constructed in the “briquette-entre-poteaux" or "small brick between posts" architectural style. The bricks were made of Mississippi River mud, Spanish moss and horsehair. Peyroux was the sort of gentleman who made snap decisions in a moments’ notice – the house wasn’t even finished before he had it dismantled and rebuilt where it stands today at 911 Burgundy Street. Years after the Peyroux’s ownership ended, the structure was used as a family home, apartments, a small warehouse and even as a department store.

Gabriel Peyroux House

In 1781, the Peyroux Building was erected for Gabriel Peyroux de la Roche Molive, a native of France. The building originally stood on the family plantation on Bayou Road. Only a few years after their move, Gabriel commissioned a new house to be built. It was typical French Creole fare, constructed in the “briquette-entre-poteaux" or "small brick between posts" architectural style. The bricks were made of Mississippi River mud, Spanish moss and horsehair. Peyroux was the sort of gentleman who made snap decisions in a moments’ notice – the house wasn’t even finished before he had it dismantled and rebuilt where it stands today at 911 Burgundy Street. Years after the Peyroux’s ownership ended, the structure was used as a family home, apartments, a small warehouse and even as a department store.

Jazz Museum

In 1961, the building located at 1017 Dumaine Street (now the Jazz Cottage Building), came to fame as the first-ever jazz museum in the world. Other discography, portraits, and instruments were collected as part of the permanent exhibit, in addition to the trumpet of Louis Armstrong and the first records of Kid Ory, Jelly Roll Mortin and Cozy Cole. Originally, the building is said to have been a place for Jazz Funerals with second-line parades to follow. In addition to Sunday services, rooms were rented out by Sister Annie Pavageau, the organist, and choir mistress. The hotel opened during the Jazz Museum years as the Crossbeam Hotel. Today the Jazz Museum is housed within the Louisiana State Museum, but many of the artifacts and collectibles are still displayed in the lobby area of the hotel. 

CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT POLICIES

CHECK-IN POLICY

Check in is at 4:00 p.m. Guests can store luggage complimentary. Early check is available if the room is ready and open at no extra fee.

CHECK-OUT

Check-out is at 11:00 a.m. Late Check-out is at noon for no added fee, however, any later check-out will need to be requested the day of. If late checkout is unavailable, luggage storage is offered at no extra cost.

PARKING & TRANSPORTATION

PARKING

Parking is available for $39.90 plus tax per night during a normal day and $45.90 plus tax per night during special events.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION

RTA is the local bus & streetcar. Take the E2 bus directly from the airport to the Central Business District, or the streetcar from Amtrak station. Taxis, Uber, and Lyft are also available in the area.

HOTEL AMENITIES

ON-SITE AMENITIES

The Hotel St. Pierre has two pools with lush courtyards, 24/7 business area available for guests at no extra charge, a 24/7 sweet shop in the lobby, as well as free coffee and water station.

IN-ROOM AMENITIES

In each room we provide, a hairdryer, iron/ironing board, TV and in-room coffee maker. Mini fridge & microwave is upon request, and safety deposit boxes are available in the lobby.

ADDED AMENITIES

Complimentary hot cookies and milk are available in the lobby from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. daily. Hot coffee, hot tea, and ice water are available 24 hrs/day in the lobby.

EXTRA BEDDING

We do offer rollaway beds at an additional charge of $20.00 per night.

COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST

A complimentary hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, grits, toast, assorted cereals, coffee, juice, and tea is served daily from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. WI-FI Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the entire hotel. Complimentary Breakfast is temporarily suspended at all our hotels.

PET POLICY

No pets are allowed unless it is a service animal