The Hotel St. Pierre is conveniently located in the heart of New Orleans' most visited attractions. Leave worries of transportation behind and stay just steps away from The French Market, Bourbon Street and the Louis Armstrong Museum in our 18th-Century French Colonial cottages.
Hotel St. Pierre®, a French Quarter Inns® hotel
911 Burgundy Street, New Orleans, LA, 70116
1. Bourbon Street 2. Louis Armstrong Park 3. The French Market 4. Jackson Square 5. Esplanade Ave. Wharf
1. Coop's Place 2. Cafe Du Monde 3. Antoine's 4. Brennan's 5. Galatoires
The hotel property includes the Gabriel Peyroux House, erected in 1780 for Gabriel Peyroux de la Roche, a native of France. The house was constructed utilizing the French Colonial briquette-entre-poteaux(small-bricks-between-posts) architecture and is one of the few extant such examples in New Orleans.
This cottage originally stood on the Peyroux plantation on nearby Bayou Road, but it was moved "to town" by the family. Gabriel Peyroux lived here with his wife, Maria Susana Caue. Maria’s father once owned the entire then-empty square which now includes the Hotel St. Pierre. The house and much of the square (city block) remained in the Peyroux family until 1850.
Did you know that the original site of the New Orleans Jazz Museum was the St. Pierre?
In 1961, the New Orleans Jazz Museum, the first jazz museum in the world, opened at 1017 Dumaine Street, on the current site of the St. Pierre. The collection included many musical instruments used by New Orleans jazz greats, perhaps most famously Louis Armstrong's first cornet, as well Edward “Kid” Ory’s trombone, historic recordings, original manuscripts, and rare photographs. Although the Jazz Museum later relocated — in 1981, to a permanent home in the Louisiana State Museum's Old Mint Building— its original location at the St. Pierre is still maintained, with commemorative artifacts on display in the hotel lobby.
But the address listed for the St. Pierre is 911 Burgundy Street? Yes. The Hotel St. Pierre is a collection of Creole cottages spanning both Dumaine and Burgundy Streets in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana.
In fact, many of the Hotel St. Pierre cottages date from the late 18th century, including the historic Gabriel Peyroux House, erected in 1780 for Gabriel Peyroux de la Roche, a native of France. The house was constructed utilizing the French Colonial architecture and is one of the few extant such examples in New Orleans.